Closed Group Training
Closed Group English Language Training for Professionals
In addition to one-to-one training we also offer closed, small-group tuition for up to 2-4 individuals from the same organisation. In order to make sure this is as valuable as possible for yourself and your colleagues, we do recommend that each of you are of similar English ability and have similar learning aims for your course. This ensures that we are able to build a course that is effective for everyone.
For whom are small group courses most beneficial?
Small group courses are a more economic way for organisations to benefit from immersion training. As we mentioned above we limit small group training to individuals within the same organisation, and we do recommend they have a similar English ability and learning goals.
We leave it up to you to make this decision, but please bear in mind that large differences in aims and ability can mean that not everyone’s learning needs can be addressed equally in the sessions, which in the end means a reduced return on investment for you.
We limit group courses to a maximum of four places to ensure we maximise the activity and participation of each student and to help you preserve your immersion experience.
Our small group courses are popular mainly with academic institutions and government research departments.
Contact us to find out what we can do for you.
The Same Immersion experience as for one-to-one
Aside from sharing an instructor rather than having your own, your Riversdown experience on a small group course is identical to our individual courses, and you dine, interact and relax with our one-to-one course participants. You enjoy the same advantages as individual learners inclusive in your fee:
- Free Airport transfers to and from Riversdown House (Heathrow, Gatwick, Southampton and Bournemouth)
- All training materials
- Structured learning program from 0900-1700. See example weekly timetable
- Evening Social Learning Activities
- All meals and coffee breaks
- Private accommodation with bathroom
- Complimentary personal Laundry service (including ironing)
- Full use of grounds and facilities
- 9 hole golf course (golf equipment available to borrow at no extra cost)
- Two all weather tennis courts (and a grass court in summer months)
- Authentic Finnish Sauna
- Outdoor swimming pool (summer months)
- Free use of bicycles and helmets to tour the surrounding countryside
- Saturday excursion (for those staying two weeks or more)
For more information on Course options and prices for small groups visit our fees page.