Stockholm – Main Office
Intensive Language Training for Professionals
“Helping clients communicate successfully across cultures to achieve sustainable improvements in performance”
We are a British-managed, multinational team of around forty people working throughout Sweden. Our regional offices are located in Stockholm, Malmö, Helsingborg and Göteborg.
Stockholm is our Swedish head office where we have a core team of specialist trainers delivering a broad portfolio of courses and consulting.
We are proud of our teaching heritage which has helped us become one of the world’s leading professional training and consulting companies.
Language : 40 years’ experience in teaching languages, creating the language immersion concept.
Communication : Unique integrated approach to communication skills based on company-specific cases.
Cross-Culture : Own academically-verified model of culture and a world leader in cross cultural training and consulting www.crossculture.com
Over 40 YEARS’ EXPERIENCE IN TEACHING AND TRAINING IN SWEDEN
Our roots in Sweden go back to 1971, as Företagens Språkkonsult, later on Richard Lewis Communications AB, founded by Richard D. Lewis, one of Britain’s foremost linguists and a leading global cross cultural specialist. In 2009 he was awarded the rank of Knight Commander, Order of the Lion of Finland.
With more than 40 years’ experience in teaching and training, there is no other company with such an extensive knowledge and understanding of Swedes’ needs, how they learn and giving them ‘training excellence’ to make them successful.
Unique approach to language and communication training
“Language without culture is just words…’’
Our extensive experience means we understand Swedes have few equals in their knowledge of foreign languages. However, communication is not just about language.
It is also the skill of persuasively stating your case, of making your voice heard above the others claiming their market share.
Richard Lewis Communications AB is unique in having a truly integrated approach to people development and an integrated portfolio of services to help clients communicate successfully across cultures and achieve sustainable improvements in performance.
The training outcomes – the deliverables
“Teach, train, reflect, apply… an integrated approach to helping you communicate better internationally.”
• Enhance your language skills and help you get your message across
• Help you break down impasses using effective speaking, questioning and listening techniques
• Give you the ability to negotiate, present and manage projects more effectively across cultures
• Provide a framework to turn unstructured experiences into applicable knowledge
• Help you master the tactics and persuasion strategies used in negotiations, presentations and meetings
• Give you clear guidelines for applying the learning and adapting behaviour internationally
• Deliver you improved self-knowledge through our online training resource www.cultureactive.com for personal transformation.
Measuring the deliverables
It is important for Richard Lewis Communications that we help clients reach their Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and for clients to try and make a Return on their Training Investments (TRI).
We understand that measuring training deliverables can be difficult and that is why we created the free of charge RLC Administration System (RLCadmin) www.RLCadmin.com. This free online tool is used by our clients to track courses, budgets, cost-centre spending, and to gain feedback – all of which goes some way to helping them achieve their specific KPIs.
Courses and services in Sweden
When we create courses, seminars, workshops and teaching synopses, we believe the most productive and successful training sessions involve an open exchange of ideas, and are created together with you. We will investigate company specific cases, or assist with an important future project or venture.
Richard Lewis Communications also understands that for the best results, competence development should follow a 3 stage cycle:
Stage 1: ‘Needs / Situational Analysis’ and ‘Testing’
Stage 2: ‘Extremely Customised Training’
Stage 3: ‘Reporting, Monitoring and Feedback’
Consulting and Assessment
Cross cultural consulting
Testing in all major languages
Needs analysis interviews and group placement
Online cross cultural testing
Communication Services – Language
• Riversdown English in Sweden – Language specific communication skills
– Language of Presentations
– Language of Negotiations or Language of Meetings
– Language of Leadership
– Business Specific English and Swedish
• General Language training
– (English, Swedish, Finnish, German, Russian, Chinese, Spanish, Italian, French)
• Technical writing skills
Communication Services – Communication Competence
- Presentation skills / Presenting across cultures
- Negotiation skills / Negotiating across cultures
- Meetings skills / International meeting skills
- Virtual communication Leadership and Coaching Services
- International leadership development
- Leadership across cultures
- Manager as Coach workshops
- Individual key person coaching
- Communicating within teams – creating “dream teams”
For more details on cross- cultural training or consulting please visit www.crossculture.com