Be Surrounded By English
Immersion English Training for Global Professionals
At Riversdown House we specialise in True Immersion training. From the moment you arrive at breakfast in the morning, until you go to bed at night you will be speaking, practising and interacting in English for over 12 hours a day inside and outside your formal sessions. You are completely surrounded by English throughout each day of your course.
Our training centre has been specially designed to maximise your potential and motivation to learn. Our aim is for you to progress in ability and confidence as effectively and efficiently as possible, and our individually customised courses guarantee that you address those areas and skills you wish to improve and are tailored exactly to your needs.
Read more about our residential training centre in the UK, Riversdown House, that has been providing English language immersion training since 1971.
Five Core Elements
- At the centre, your individually customised one-to-one sessions with your training team
- Your social learning breaks during the study day. Here you practise your English with your instructors, staff and fellow students in an informal setting between sessions
- Lunch together with instructors
- Breakfast and three-course dinner with native English speakers and your residential teacher
- Evening social activities / excursions. After dinner we provide organised activities giving you a further opportunity to interact in English with native speakers and fellow students
You can also organise optional “open group sessions” with other students of a similar ability where you take part in interactive case studies to help you practise your communication skills in a simulated business setting.
Structured and Social Learning
These are the main opportunity for you to actively target the areas you wish to focus on, and through one-to-one customised training with our highly experienced instructors you will progress as efficiently as possible.
However, our residential training concept means that you are practising and using English from the moment you wake up for over 12 hours a day. With breakfast, lunch, social learning breaks and your three-course dinner, all with fellow students, staff and instructors, in addition to specially selected evening activities, we aim to have you practising and improving every single moment of the day.
We encourage you to discuss, use and practise what you learn inside the classroom outside it with everyone else. Our fundamental aim in balancing structured and social learning is to improve your learning potential through minimising fatigue and maximising your stimulation and motivation.
Foreign Languages at Riversdown
For more information about foreign language training at Riversdown House see our Advanced Services.